Did You Know
- 56% of college students globally said that if they were offered a job at a company that banned access to social media, they would either turn it down, or ignore it.
- 68% of college students globally believe companies should allow them to access social media and personal sites with their work-issued devices.
- 87% of employees surf non-work-related websites while at work, and of them 53% engage in personal web surfing every day.
- 56% of employees do not worry about their email or Internet use being monitored at work.
- Only 35% of employees believe that surfing the Internet or sending non-work-related emails decreases productivity.
Old Ways of Preventing Internet Abuse
- Don’t allow users Internet access.
- Implement Internet surfing control solutions to limit accessible web sites.
- Implement monitoring software to look over users' activity.
- Don’t allow instant message and voice over IP access.
- To engage users' time and encourage productivity.
- To easily establish a quantifiable performance measurement.
- To help managers who travel often and can’t always meet with their employees.
- “Trust and Verify” to empower users to excel.
MySammy is not interested in the exact details of users' computer activity, but focuses on productive time.